I want to go to Cuba! How do I sign up?
The official application form is available here: http://www.nnoc.info/mayday-brigade-application/
The draft of the 2018 May Day program is here: http://www.nnoc.info/mayday-brigade-program/
The official invitation by the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) can be seen here: http://www.nnoc.info/mayday-brigade-call/
If you are interested in attending as a member of the U.S. Delegation on the 2018 May Day Brigade to Cuba please complete this interest form so we can help make sure your dream of seeing the truth of the Cuban Revolution becomes a reality! To help folks feel prepared to join the delegation and visit Cuba we’ll be doing our best to organize informative webinars, financial support and fundraisers, study groups, in-person regional meet ups, and much more.
The interest form is available here:
English version: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018MayDayBrigadeInterestForm
What are the dates for 2018 May Day brigade trip?
The trip runs from April 22nd to May 6th, 2018.
How much does this trip cost?
The land package is paid through Marazul Charters, Inc. Participants have the option to also book their airline travel through Marazaul
The final price for the land package is $675 USD
Additional costs not included in the land package fee:
* Cuban Visa – $75 USD (for those brigadistas that wish to get the visa through Marazul)
* Fed Ex Document Delivery – $25 (for delivery of tickets and visas)
* Flight Arrangements – (for those who whis do individual flights through Marazul)
* Payments made by credit card will be subject to a 4% fee on the transaction total. To avoid this fee, please send bank/certified/cashier’s check or money orders (no personal checks) payable to Marazul Charters.
We recommend bringing at least $50 to purchase the occasional small items during your trip (snacks, beverages, souvenirs, etc).
To give you an idea of what to expect the extraordinary trip that was the most recent brigade which followed in the footsteps of revolutionary hero Che Guevara and ran from Sunday, October 1, 2017 to Sunday, October 15, 2017 cost:
$650 per person and included:
- 14 nights accommodations: 9 nights at the Julio Antonio Mella International Camp outside Havana and 5 nights at hotels in Santa Clara and Sancti Spiritus.
- All meals
- All transportation including transfers from/to the airport
- Bi-lingual guides
- Full program of visits and exchanges (click here to see DRAFT program)
- $75 for the visa if done through Marazul plus $25 if you want FedEx delivery of your visa.
- Airfare is separate and varies depending on your departure point and which airline you choose but generally runs about $150-300 round trip. Non-stop flights to Havana are available from most major city airports (ATL, DC, NYC, LA, CHI, etc) You can arrange your own flights online or ask Marazul to help. ICAP will have one of their folks ready to meet you at the airport and you’ll be in the most capable hands from there on out!
We will do our best to raise funds to make sure financial support is available to those who need it to attend. If you are interested in contributing funds to help support people to attend or are interested in helping to throw a house party or some other event to raise money please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m interested but I still have more questions, how can I get in touch?
Iif you have more questions or want to contact us about something else the best way to reach us is to shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can fill out the below form below to contact us and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible!